Monday, January 31, 2022

The First of Many Lasts

Welp, I never thought the day would come but.... it's the start of my last transfer! I moved to the Mays Pond ward in Mill Creek! My new companion is Sister Tree and she is from Livermore California! I was actually her STL when I was up in Seedro-woolley and then we both moved down here to Lynnwood so I was her STL again and now I'm her companion!! We like to joke about how it's just a 6 week exchange lol. We are having a party though! 

I was really nervous about not being an STL anymore and just about going home so I asked my mission President for a priesthood blessing I'm SO glad I did! I felt a lot of peace after and know that Mays Pond is where I'm supposed to be. I have gained a firm testimony of priesthood blessings on my mission. It's really God speaking to YOU. God knows you perfectly and sometimes He's just waiting to be able to tell you things. Highly recommend getting a blessing to know what God has in mind for YOU.

One of the things I was nervous about for not being STL anymore was having too much free time. However, God has filled our week! We actually have a lot more time for street contacting and tracting which is kinda crazy to me because we hardly ever had time for that! While tracting, we accidentally tracted into one of our members! He's less active but super awesome! We set up a time for a lesson and he gave us 2 referrals! One of the referrals was super nice and we plan on going back! 

We also have an amazing friend that we are teaching named Lauri. I just love her!!!! She's older and has had a really hard time lately but is super anxious to learn more! She came to church and we set up times to meet with her twice a week! Prayers for Lauri! Also throw in some prayers for her sweet dog Leena.

We also went knocking on some member doors that no one had heard of and 1 of them was a super sweet old lady named Anna! She lives with her nieces family (who aren't members ðŸ‘€) and as soon as we walked in she said "I'm so glad you're here!" And gave us a big hug ðŸ¤— ðŸ’— so tender! She's pretty deaf though so we pretty much had to yell hahaha. 

The Mays Pond ward is by far the biggest ward I have served in and its been awesome! We split the ward with some elders so that's new but also fun! It's been a good time here at the pond ðŸ˜Š I love you all! 

Take time this week to learn more about Jesus! 
Love, 
Sister Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Last One

  Hey hey hey everybody!  I hope you all had a good week and that you were able to see God's hand in your lives!  Yes it's true, thi...