WHAT IS GOOD EVERYONE?! Whatta week it has been. Let's dive right in,
This week we made Valentine cookies and took them to people! Elizabeth (just baptized) and Diane (friend/investigator) both said that the cookies were an answer to prayer. WHAT?! Elizabeth especially; apparently she had been having a really rough few days and had been praying about it and then we popped up on her doorstep. I LOVE BEING AN INSTRUMENT IN GOD'S HANDS! We were able to comfort and pray with her. She said that us just being there was a blessing.
BIG NEWS! For those who have been reading my emails you probably remember the friend sister Roderer and I found on facebook named Shannice. She is the one from MA that we had taught for a while then turned her over to the sisters in her area. Well, I had been texting her on and off and on Wednesday she texted me and told me....THAT SHE IS GETTING BAPTIZED!!! I am so excited for her! She is so awesome and I can't wait for her to enter into that covenant! We will get to watch it on zoom next week! WOOT WOOT
We also have a friend named Joseph I think I talked about last time. He lives just barely out of our mission but he got a Book of Mormon and he wants to go to church! So we got in touch with the sisters in his area and they will probably eventually take him away from us as well haha. BUT IT'S OKAY!
Here's the crazy part. It doesn't usually snow in the PNW but.... we got 2 feet of snow! Naturally the first thing we did when we woke up was make snow angels in our pj's. Later we went for a walk and ended up getting in a snowball fight with some neighborhood kids! We also shoveled 7 of our neighbors driveways! It was a good way to get to know the neighbors a bit better haha.
I was recently reading a talk by President Nelson and something that really stood out to me was what he said about being a true disciple of Jesus Christ. It said something along the lines of how as disciples we shouldn't be afraid to stand out or speak up. As a missionary I stand out like a sore thumb and am always ready to share a message about Jesus Christ's restored church! But what about you? Do you stand out? Do you speak up? TRY IT! Pray for a missionary experience and get ready because God will answer! If you accept the challenge, email me and tell me how it goes!
Love you all so much and so does your Father in Heaven and your Savior Jesus Christ!
love,
Sister Anderson
No comments:
Post a Comment