Hey everyone! Happy turkey day!!
Today is our P day so I'm sorry for those who were just dying to get my letter on Monday and didn't.
Let's start with the bad news. We can no longer do in person lessons unless they are outside. Well... it rains all the time here and it's getting chilly so no one wants to do an outside lesson haha. However, we had exchanges on Tuesday and we did an in person lesson outside! The only downside is... IT WAS DUMPING! Not just pouring... DUMPING! There was also wind that made the rain drops go sideways so my umbrella had to be in front of me to keep me dry! Luckily there was a pavilion (a million miles away) that we could sit under. Whew!
Because we aren't allowed to street contact we have to get creative to find people! So in my area, Arlington, there's this facebook page called Arlington "rocks" where people paint and place rocks all around Arlington and when other people find them they post them on the page! So Sister Roderer and I painted some rocks back in quarantine and placed them around and left our number on them. IT WORKED! kinda... one person called us and said he was super grateful and it made his day! But now we have his number so we can text him about the church
#gotem
We also did a pretty interesting service project.... There's a sweet lady in our ward and she needed some help around her barn so of course we offered to help! Once we got there I could count about 8 dogs but there was probably more! Then we headed out to the barn and she told us that she wanted the grass off the concrete so I figured that meant just out of the cracks where there was quite a bit of grass growing. So I started shoveling it out and putting it in a barrel and I looked over, and sister Roderer was rolling the grass back and underneath was concrete! What? There was a ton of concrete completely covered with grass! It was like unwrapping a christmas present! haha she said that the grass grows over the concrete like that every year! I guess it makes sense with how much rain they get! She also has 6 goats that she let run all around us and they helped clear the grass! cuties! It was kinda like goat yoga lol.
I got to explore a lot more of Washington! so there will be some pictures at the bottom! It's so beautiful and green here! I LOVE IT!
Today we played pickleball, four square, and lightning with our sister training leaders! So fun! we should be getting dinner at 5! I'm PUMPED!!!
Also I just want to thank all those who have let me and my companion share a lesson with you this week! I have loved getting to talk with you and catch up on life! I have loved sharing messages with you and hope that you are still doing the invitations I gave you
Last week was a slower week and it was hard to stay motivated. But, something that helped me was prayer. Scriptures about prayer have been standing out to me left and right while I've been out here. In 3 Nephi 18:19-20 it says " Therefore ye must always pray unto the Father in my name; And whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, which is right, believing that ye shall receive, behold it shall be given unto you." (compare D&C 88:63-64) This is Jesus talking to multitudes of people! As a missionary we pray like a million times a day. Because we had such a slow week I prayed like 3 million times a day. Even though the week remained slow I saw God's hand in my life. Each morning in my personal study I learned so much! I know it was Him teaching me the things I need to know to be better prepared to teach his children.
I have to go and eat my turkey, but I just want you to know that God loves you so much! and I love you too!
Love,
Sister Anderson
the Rocks!
Sister Roderer and I
No comments:
Post a Comment