Monday, December 13, 2021

Elder Woolsey and Bishop Waddel!

Sorry I didn't write last week. We have been crazy busy! 

Here's some updates of some people we have been teaching 

Kyle: We taught him the restoration! It went SO good! We got to watch the Christ Child with him when it was that day for the light the world challenge. We got to testify of Jesus Christ and the spirit was so strong 💗 
He came to church!! He came with the less active family we have also been working with! 

Rachel: We put her on date to be baptized! We got to go over to her house with our amazing ward mission leader brother Hovenden and he was able to give her a priesthood blessing. We got to teach her about the importance of the priesthood. We got talking about the baptism ordinance and how it's performed by proper priesthood authority. Then we invited her to be baptized and she said yes! Rachel is amazing! She has had such a hard life and yet she is so happy! She says her friends always bring up parts of her childhood and ask her "Where was God in that?" and her response amazed me. She said "He was there the whole time. That's why I'm happy and able to forgive!" She amazes me and I'm super excited for her baptism! 

BIG/SAD NEWS: I'M GETTING TRANSFERED! I'm not sure where yet but I'll find out on Wednesday. I've met so many amazing people here and have learned and endured a lot! Bow Hill will always have a place in my heart:) 

We also got to go to the temple! I LOVE THE TEMPLE! EVERYONE SHOULD GO!  
We also went all around the mission to train everyone on how to use social media so that took up a lot of the week. 
We also had the new missionary training where we train all the new missionaries and their trainers on how to use facebook hahah. So we went down to the mission office which is about an hour away. 

We also had a bunch of exchanges with the sisters and also 2 combined district councils with president and sister Auna! One was on Oak harbor and the other was in Mount Vernon. We have been crazy busy! 
We also had another stake conference with Bishop Waddel! Pretty cool! 

Something I've been thinking a lot about is the power of prayer. I've said SO many prayers this transfer and I know that God heard my prayers. I was sitting in an MLC this week and Elder Woolsey was there. When he got up to speak I felt like almost everything he said was exactly what I needed to hear. It's amazing how God works! I could hardly keep back the tears the whole time. God is aware. He cares, he loves you, and He will guide you. 

LOVE YOU ALL! 
Love,
Sister Julia Anderson 
Temple!
Ward Christmas party
Sister Tippets!
Sister Eyre at the new missionary training (she's training a new missionary)
Goodbye party for sis Crookston
Combined district council
Mount Vernon
Oak Harbor
MLC
We made gingerbread houses!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Last One

  Hey hey hey everybody!  I hope you all had a good week and that you were able to see God's hand in your lives!  Yes it's true, thi...