This week was good! There were a few days for whatever reason we COULD NOT fill during weekly planning. However, when those days came, they filled themselves! QUICK SHOUT OUT TO MY HOME GIRL SYDNIE FAUSETT. In her last email she basically tracted into this golden family and ended up giving them a church tour! That sounded awesome so I wanted to try it out! We ended up texting Peter to see if he would be interested and he responded and said he could be there in an hour! So we ZOOMED over to the church and got everything ready for him. When he showed up he actually brought his friend Antonio and his son Ben! YAY! They loved the tour! They were SUPER excited about the basketball court lol. The chapel was by far my favorite part. I love getting to teach people about the sacrament and it was even better to teach it in there. There was such a strong and tangible spirit. We invited them to church and they said they would be there! Unfortunately, they didn't show up :( But sis Israelsen will get em next time! They are so sweet!
We also did quite a bit of tracting this week. It was kinda hilarious because I've just gotten so used to people saying they aren't interested that I just assumed that no one would ever let us in. Then we knocked on Garths door. He said he was interested and would love to talk more about it! We both just kinda froze. We didn't think we would get that far. So we just set up a time to go back haha oops. Not the move. Sister Israelsen has got it tho! I'll be gone-zo!
The best part of the week was the mission wide conference with Elder and Sister Renlund! It was AMAZING! I was surprised by how hilarious and normal he is. For whatever reason I thought he was going to be some heavenly being but he was so chill and funny haha. We were able to ask him, his wife, and the other visiting authority gospel questions and I was also surprised that he really didn't say anything that was Earth shaking and ground shattering. He simply quoted things from Preach My Gospel, the Book of Mormon, Gospel topic essays, and things from his own life experience. The biggest thing for me that he hit on was that he knew and had a witness of Jesus Christ long before he became an apostle. We can know and have a witness of Him too. We just have to be diligent in seeking and trying to be like Him. It reminds me of my mission scripture, "ask and ye shall receive, knock and it shall be opened unto you. whatsoever you ask the Father in My name, it shall be given you." They talked about A.S.K. or Acquiring Spiritual Knowledge as well. We can all know for ourselves if we sincerely ask. We can have our testimonies strengthened and our faith grown if we ask for help. Sometimes that takes humility. So try it! Pray to have your testimony strengthened, a question answered, or your faith built up. Then, ACT. Do what elder Renlend and his wife do and STUDY! The gospel library app has pretty much every study resource ya need! It's a crazy world out there and the only person who will give us a truthful answer or the strength to endure is God. So please, reach out to him :)))
Anywayyysss I love you all! I know you're Father in Heaven and especially your Savior and redeemer Jesus Christ love you too!
Love,
Sister Anderson
No comments:
Post a Comment