Monday, March 8, 2021

Island Girls

We are officially Island girls! Island view ward has been a party! The elders pretty much left us with nothing to work with so we are pretty much starting from scratch..... BUT IT'S ALL GOOD!  We have a lot of awesome members in the ward that we have been meeting with. We meet with at least 2 families everyday. And get this... The Bishop wants us to meet with EVERY family in the ward. It's going to take a lot of calling but it should be good! There's a lot of part member families in this ward so we are excited to get to know everyone :) 

We also MET someone! like IN PERSON! and NOT on facebook!! It was so cool! So right now in my mission we aren't allowed to street contact or tract so pretty much we can only talk to people if they talk to us hahaha. So, Sis Eyre and I decided to go look at parks near us in our lunch hour! We went to one park near our house called Hillcrest park and that was so pretty! We were going to head home after that but then we saw another sign for another park called Little Mountain so we decided to check it out! We drove down that road for a hot minute and weren't seeing a park and we were about to turn around when BAM.... We saw the sign for little mountain park! So we started driving...and driving... and driving.... all the way up this mountain! We were trying to find places to turn around the whole time! Every time I saw a place I could turn around I just was kinda like ehhh they'll be a better place. When we finally found one it turned out we had reached the top. The view was beautiful! So we got out and looked around. While doing so a guy came up to us and asked us if we were working lol. We got to explain that we were missionaries and got to talking with him. He's so cool! We even got his number! It's kinda strange that I've been out for 5 months and that was the first person I've talked to in person about the gospel without a set up appointment...SO COOL THO! 
 
I love being an instrument in the lord's hands everyday!  I love being able to wear my black name tag and teach people about Jesus Christ's restored gospel! I know that Joseph Smith restored the same gospel that Jesus Christ had set up when he was on the Earth. I know that God speaks through His prophets today just like how he did in ancient times. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I know that God places people in our lives for a reason. I know that God is aware of each of us. And I know that when we reach out to God we can see His hand more prominently in our lives. So do it! 

Reach out to him in sincere prayer, scripture study, and service for His children. "when you are in the service of your fellow beings you are only in the service of your God." -Mosiah 2:17 
I hope you all have a wonderful week! 
Love you!
Love,
Sister Anderson 

Hillcrest and Little mountain park! 
WE MADE FRIED RICE
Face Masks
Barnum Point! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Last One

  Hey hey hey everybody!  I hope you all had a good week and that you were able to see God's hand in your lives!  Yes it's true, thi...