Aloha and Mele Kalikimaka! (Hello and Merry Christmas!)
I hope you all have enjoyed your Christmas day! Just a heads up, my next P day will be on Friday of next week. I know you were all disappointed to not get my email on Monday. But here I am! This past week and a half has been a good one!
First, I dyed my hair! I'm back to my roots haha. no more blonde!
Second, we made a new friend! Her name is Nicha and she's a friend of sister Roderer's sister! Right now she is living in Kansas City and we have the opportunity to teach her! She's so awesome! She's from a Buddhist background so she really knows nothing about Christianity but she is so anxious to learn and its so cute! It's definitely different though because we have to start from square one. So we taught her about the God head and how to pray! I'm so excited to see where things go!
Third, we delivered 38 boxes of chocolates! That's 65 pounds worth of chocolate! We drove 87 miles delivering all of it! Here's how it happened. We were supposed to do service for a member but it started to pour down rain! Like POUR! Hills turned into waterfalls and the roads turned into rivers! So he decided to buy us a ton of chocolates so we could take them around to ward members, our friends (investigators), and anyone else we felt like could use it! So we went out in the rain and got to deliver chocolate! It was awesome because we usually don't see people face to face anymore! We even caroled with our sister training leaders while delivering some of them! so fun!
Then, after all that rain.....IT SNOWED! So pretty and so fun!
Lastly, I love praying with people! We get to pray with people from all over the world! One lady this week was AMAZING! Her name is Winnie and she is from Kenya. Her husband is the pastor of a small chapel called miracle chapel and they don't have enough money to keep the building. So, that's why she reached out to us for a prayer! She was so high energy, nice, and faith filled! The whole time I was praying she would say "Amen, amen, amen" which is normal but it sounded like Matthew Mcconaughey when he says "Alright alright alright" haha but she was so amazing and told me how much peace she felt after the prayer and she new God would answer our prayer. She even promised to keep me updated! So sweet haha.
Winnie is right! God will always answer our prayer! However, it's not always in the way we expect him to so we have to keep our eyes open for how he will answer our prayers.
I hope you all made Christ the center of your CHRISTmas. He gave us the ultimate gift. The atonement. Because he paid the price for our own personal sins we can have peace with our mistakes and find so much more joy and hope in this life as long as we use this gift and repent and follow His perfect example. I LOVE MY SAVIOR! HE IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON! I hope you all have a very merry Christmas!
I love you and so does Jesus and Heavenly Father!
Love,
Sister Anderson
No comments:
Post a Comment