Thursday, October 8, 2020

One Week in the At Home MTC!

 Hey y'all!

My first week of being a missionary has been so fun, new, exciting, and FUN. On Tuesday I was set apart as a full time missionary. It's so crazy that I'm finally a missionary! I've wanted to go on a mission since my older sister Jessica went on hers like five years ago! I had no idea I'd be serving in such a strange time but I'm so thankful that I can still have this opportunity. Wednesday I started the at home MTC. I was so nervous! To make things worse, right as I was about to introduce myself to the class my wifi went out! About 10 or 15 minutes later I was able to rejoin the class but everyone was gone! Luckily my teacher got back on and said that everyone was just on a break lol. 
My companion's name is Sister Bertasso! She is the best ever!! She is from Frisco Texas and I just love her! Her testimony is so strong, she is so smart, and is the sweetest person ever! It has been so fun getting to know her. 

COOL STORY. So in the MTC we have TRC's. Basically you just get to teach people (actors usually) about the gospel! Our first TRC didn't quite go to plan... We were both so nervous and the conversation wasn't at all going where we thought it would. Which is fine but we are so new at this and we weren't prepared to answer the questions she was asking lol. However, it was a really good learning experience! When we started to prepare for our second TRC we wanted to have back up plans. About 20 minutes before we started I had a feeling to look into the 2nd lesson, The Plan of Salvation. I hadn't even glanced at that chapter yet! But, I just pushed the thought aside and was ready to stick to mine and Sister Bertasso's original plan. Then, 5 minutes before we were supposed to sign into the zoom call, Sister Bertasso texted me "Quick thought: we might talk about the plan of salvation" right after I read that I opened my book and started going over that chapter. Here's the best part. She had questions about the plan of salvation!!! It was just what she needed to hear:) I'm 90% sure she was just an actor but it was so awesome that the spirit told both me and Sister Bertasso what we needed to teach her. The spirit was so strong and I really think the person we taught got a lot out of our lesson. Teaching is actually a lot of fun when you know what you're doing haha. 

Sorry to the other missionaries on this email list that are also in the MTC but.... I totally have the best district EVER! They are so funny and outgoing and just the sweetest people in the world! I, however, am the only one from Utah haha just about all of them are out by the East coast. One of the Elders in my district is from Oklahoma but he actually went to my high school for a semester! Totally weird that we would end up in the same MTC district! It's so amazing how the spirit can be felt even through virtual meetings. This experience has strengthened my testimony so much already. I learn about a million new things everyday and it's AWESOME! I love it!!! I love this gospel and all of you so much! I know that God loves each of you as well:) 
Love,
Sister Anderson

Lunch and church movie night with Hermana Snow and Hermana Fausett!

Grandma & Grandpa Beutler

With family after being set apart as a missionary

Virtual lunch with only some of the district :) 

Lunch and church movie night with Hermana Snow and Hermana Fausett!

 Sister Bertasso and I!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Last One

  Hey hey hey everybody!  I hope you all had a good week and that you were able to see God's hand in your lives!  Yes it's true, thi...