Saturday, January 1, 2022

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

 HAPPY NEW YEAR! 

I cant believe it's 2022. Like for real. I never thought I'd see the day. 2021 was the hardest blessing in my life! I wouldn't trade a single day! 2021 brought me closer to my Savior, strengthened my testimony of this gospel, introduced me to the most amazing people, and changed my life.
 
Sorry I haven't written for a hot minute! I promise I'm fine haha. 
This past week has felt forever long because the day after Christmas it snowed! We got about 8 inches that first day. We aren't allowed to drive when it snows because Washington is really bad at clearing the roads here so basically everything shuts down: after a couple days the roads got better! Then it snowed again ðŸ˜…. Then sister Harmon got sick..... so that meant.... FACEBOOK WORK AND CALLING PEOPLE IN OUR AREA BOOK!  Flash back to quarantine life at the beginning of my mission. We were able to make a friend (investigator) out of someone we called so that was good! I was also able to reach out to Zahra and Mario from Eastmont through messenger and have lessons with them! 

Mario Luigi: he finally explained his name to us! Apparently his dad LOVES Mario kart and so they named him after 2 of the characters lol. We taught him the restoration and some of the plan of Salvation. He seemed to really connect with it. He's really good at applying things to his life! He's super awesome and we are going to continue to teach him while he is in the Philippines until he comes back to Everett. 

Zahra: she amazes me! Little recap on Zahra... she was born in Afghanistan, was refugee in Europe, came to America and got an education to be a rocket scientist. Incredible right?? She is going through a lot of grief and anxiety right now unfortunately. Sister Erickson and I used to go and visit with her pretty often. We talked about prayers of faith with her and she was able to tell us stories of miracles she's seen as she had prayed with faith. The coolest part of it was that she said that that lesson was a miracle because she had forgotten that she could pray about the things she was going through and this was God's way of reminding her. ðŸ’— prayers for Zahra! 

Other than that we went a little crazy being stuck inside but it looks like the roads have cleared and sis Harmon is starting to feel better so that's good :) 

Rich: We have also been teaching a guy named Rich. He's super awesome! We read the Book of Mormon with him over the phone every night and he is slowly but surely grasping it haha. Prayers for Rich that things will start clicking and that he can see God's love for him. 

LAST WEEK
 
It was crazy because it was Christmas time! We had a zone conference with our Zone (Lynnwood) and North Shore (Seattle) zone! It was so fun! Us and the Zone leaders got to instruct on setting goals, making plans to achieve those goals, and using time wisely. 
We all got to eat pizza together too which like, never happens at zone conference! We also had a musical section and everyone had prepared something either with others or by themselves. I was in a group that sang an arrangement sister Eyre had made! I also sang with all the sisters. It was so fun! 

After that... I went on exchanges with.... SISTER EYRE! It was so good to be her companion again! We had lots of catching up to do! We have both grown a lot. She is incredible! 

On Christmas we got to do my favorite Christmas tradition.... CHRISTMAS CREPES! The while district helped and it was so fun:)) we had a white elephant gift exchange and partied all p-day long.

The next day....the snow came. rip.

Okay I think you're all caught up now haha. Enjoy some pictures...
Love, Sister Anderson
Christmas crepes
Walking to church to take the sacrament from the elders because church was canceled. The elders walked for an hour to bring it to us! 
A set of sisters got super sick so they are quarantining. While we were visiting them icicles formed on my shoes!
Christmas conference 
Nativity! 
SISTER EYRE
Christmas eve
Someone left this at our door ðŸ˜Š
Me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Last One

  Hey hey hey everybody!  I hope you all had a good week and that you were able to see God's hand in your lives!  Yes it's true, thi...